For proper use Xeroform dressing you need to have these instructions:
Wash the areas involved with a soapy detergent. Avoid fragrant gels, as they may cause irritation. Be sure to gently rinse affected area thoroughly as abuse of agglomeration (ie: drainage or dead skin) the site area can devote to damage skin.
Signs of Infection:
Observe the wound for any signs of infection. These include: abscess, blush, odor, green or yellow excretion wound fervor at the site of the wound and flushing, fever. For help notify the Center Burn Treatment news if any of these glimpses. Maximum firmness or contact your physician.
Apply xeroform Dressings:
- Xeroform: Cover kendall and sustain a neat and dry. At night, cross a layer of Silvadene on her dresser; package with a bandage.
General Instructions for burns:
- Avoid trauma to the affected areas, since the skin is sensitive and delicate.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- When outdoors, use a #15 or higher sun block, and wear protective clothing. Apply 30 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply every 30 minutes if you perspire.
- Keep the affected area elevated as much as possible – this will relieve pain and reduce swelling in the affected area.
- Itching can be a problem; if present, talk to your doctor, who may prescribe medication to help.
- Do not drive until you are pain free.
- Pain medicine may be prescribed.
- Take 30 to 45 minutes before dressing changes or scheduled appointment at the Burns Unit.
- Antibiotics may be used; as directed.
- Resume your regular diet.
- Eat a well balanced diet.
If the following occurs, contact the Burn Treatment Center:
- Temperature above 38.0 ° C or 100.4 ° F.
- Signs of wound infection.
- Sudden onset of intense, unusual pain, nausea and vomiting.
- Bleeding from the wound site.